Tuesday, July 17, 2012

12 weeks post surgery

I had my 12 week check up last week. I had another two x-rays and Dr. Chang did a full exam to check me over. I have a very painful spot in my upper back, right next to the incision. After poking and prodding, he told me it's a screw head that is hurting so badly. The good news is that it will get better with time. My nerves need to settle down still. The bad news is that it may take quite some time for it to feel better, so I'll just have to hang in there.  My low back is also hurting a lot and preventing me from walking very much or bending at the waist. It is also going to take some time to feel better.  It is under a lot of pressure and inflamed and he reminded me that it has only been 12 weeks this week. Now that it has been 3 months, he wants me to go to physical therapy and that will help me strengthen my core, straighten me up some and learn what I can do at home to keep myself strong. It will be great!  
I took a picture of the new x-ray because it is clear and you can see the curve is still there in my low back and how it is still at a decent curve in between my hip bones. I hope the relief will come from the physical therapy. I can take an anti-inflammatory now too, so good riddance to acetaminophen. That does nothing for me! He expects my pain level to decrease dramatically with the use of Naproxin as my swelling goes down. Thank you again for all of your prayers and love!

No comments: