Saturday, June 09, 2012

Growing up

We seem to have a young man on our hands. I don't know why it had to happen so darn fast, but it did. Jacob has grown physically, mentally, spiritually... he has become much more confident. So much change in so little time. I looked at his 8th grade picture that was taken in April and then went back to this time last year. You just have to see it for yourself. He is growing up.
 
Speaking of growing up, I have grown up in the last two months...Ha! I wrote a while back that pre-surgery, I was 5' 4 3/4". I am able to stand upright much better now, so I am calling my official height at 5' 6 1/2". I just drove my car for the first time last week. That is where I notice the height difference. I laughed because my head was so much closer to the roof while driving. I also have been able to bend over this last week... as long as my knees are bent, sort of like squatting, I can bend. So we got an after picture of me bending and I just couldn't believe it! My deformity really is gone!
 
 
 Thanks again to my sister Pamela for her excellent photo skills. This last one, she did just for fun, but it is pretty cool to see how the curve went right along with how I looked standing. How about that.... I talked about myself in the past tense! It is still hitting me that this is a thing of the past. Amazing!
An interesting tidbit of information, which is probably more than anyone wanted to know, is that since feeling some better and moving around, my digestive system is working properly! Now this could seem like it wouldn't be a big deal to mention, but it is a huge thing because I have had stomach aches and felt nauseous for so long that it is very noticeable to me. Another big change has been with headaches. I was used to having headaches almost everyday, usually for about 20 hours in the 24 hour period. I'd have a small break, usually from about 11am until around 3 or 4pm, then it was back for the whole night. No headaches!!! I am documenting this mostly for myself, so I can remember later on down the road when I look back to recap how blessed I have been. I can not tell all of you enough... Thank you, thank you so much for your prayers, thoughts, so much help and support which has carried me through the last 8 weeks so I can see a bright future ahead. A healthy future which I know for a fact will change my life from here on out. You are amazing! I love you all!
 

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Amazing on both counts - he looks so much older, and your back is just a miracle. :)