My dad and mom were here for four weeks. They took care of me when Jim wasn't home and they took care of the boys, shopping and cleaning.... everything that needed to be done and more. Thank you doesn't even seem to be enough to say. Saturday morning, they left for home and later that afternoon, Brenda, Jim's mom came to stay for three weeks.
This morning, she drove me to see Dr. Chang for my 6 week post-op appointment. They took two more x-rays and I asked some questions that I had and was a little concerned about. My neck has shifted to the right and it is very noticeable. I asked about that and the doctor explained that my body has been curved for so many years that it had adjusted to the way it was. So straightening it in one day kind of threw it into a mode of trying to adjust and compensate and I am going to have to try to fix that myself. I will need to look at myself in the mirror and move my head to where it needs to be to retrain my brain. My left shoulder is also trying to move higher than my right because it doesn't know what to do either. I have a lot of work to do to strengthen my body. Here are today's x-rays, one front view, one side view. Take a look at how long those screws are! Yikes!
It is amazing to me, and it is still hard to believe how straight it is, even when I look at the x-rays. My hips are level now, no more lift in my shoe! My shoulder blade area on my back is still burning and hurting quite a lot, especially when I try to hold something for too long or type for too long, so that will just take time for that to get better. It was nice to know that all of these things are normal and that time should fix them. I still need to lay down a lot and I am still on pain medicines, but I am over all feeling so much better and I'm looking forward to fully recovering and being able to be wife and mom again.
Last week, the school held a science fair. Jacob and three other boys worked on their project at school. We never saw any of it at home. Brian's grade did class projects, so we didn't see any of that at home either, which to be honest was probably a good thing for us this year. Jim took a picture of each of them with their project boards.
We have had a Bell pepper plant out on the patio and I wasn't watering anymore obviously. Kevin took over the watering task without anyone asking him. He planted some flower seeds too and watered both. I should have taken a picture of his flower plants. They are big! I think I have a little gardener on my hands! He cut off two beautiful peppers that we devoured quickly after picking them. They were delicious and fairly sweet! Yay Kevin!
1 comment:
Oh gosh, those x-rays make me wince! You are superwoman! Hope you're feeling better- you looked beautiful on Sunday.
Post a Comment