Sunday, January 10, 2010

Merri update

I had follow-up appointment for my SpineCor Brace on Friday afternoon. I've been in the brace for 15 months now. No x-rays were taken, just measurements and Dr. Andy checked the brace out to make sure it was still holding up well. It's holding up remarkably well, according to him, comparing to other patients braces. So I'm taking good care of it, which is great! My pain level is still doing well, which is really the main reason for me to wear it. My measurements are stable. I have been having some sharp pains on my right side near my lowest rib for quite a while, so I told the Dr. and he is having me do my movement to strap the brace on just a little different to see how that works. He thinks I was bending too far and putting too much pressure on that lowest rib. I hope it works. In another 6 months, he will take another x-ray of me out of the brace this time. He wants to see if my curves measure less than they were last October when I first got the brace. That ought to be interesting.
I had to put a few pictures of my Christmas present on here. I've been using it since the day after Thanksgiving and it helps my muscles to relax some. Gravity is not my friend, so to get it to work a little on my side has been good.

3 comments:

Mariah :) said...

I'm glad the brace is helping so much!

Chad and Emily said...

Anything is worth a try, right? The brace, the table...whatever brings hope of better days, less pain and an increased level of activity! I will be anxious to see the xray results in 6 months...hard to believe it's been 15 already! Emily

The Moore Family said...

So glad things seem to be helping!! And I think your pictures are dang cute actually!!!