What do you get when it's 92 degrees outside, an air conditioner that decided not to work and the temperature inside the house is 90 degrees? Boys with no shirts on! Needless to say, we have the air conditioner guy coming in the morning.....ugh.

Kevin carried a lunch box ice pack around for a while. When it started to cool off outside, we opened up the doors and windows and put fans next to them. It's now almost 8:30 pm and it has cooled off in the house to 88.

Jim has the opportunity to go to China to practice Acupuncture for a few weeks with some other students at his school. I get to go tag along too! We are so excited to have this opportunity and can't wait to share a lot of neat pictures with everyone. We got our passports with the China Visas inside!

Who you gonna call? Ghostbusters! We went to an outside mall last night to listen to some live music. At the end of our evening, we see these guys walking up. Jim went to talk to them and they came over to us for a picture. It was pretty funny! The boys played in the water first while we listened to the music and they had a ball.

We went for a visit to see Jim's sister Lori's family last weekend. The kids buried cousin Spencer in the red sand dune.

Kevin wanted me to take a picture of him with rocks on his hat.

Shalaco, Lori's husband, found a little horny toad and we got to go see it. That is Brian's hand. You can see how little he is.

We went to a huge place with about 10 different inflatables and the kids had a great time! I even went down this really big slide you see Jacob going down. It was pretty fun!

Spencer ended up pushing down one of those red things sticking up and stood in there for a picture.

We made a stop at Old Navy after eating some lunch and on the way out, we saw these crazy people posing with the mannequins... Oh wait, we know those people!

At the end of March, we attended the Pinewood Derby and Jacob's car won third place for the Webelos. There were only three Webelos, but hey, we were pretty excited for him!

Jacob made a marshmallow catapult for a project. They had a lot of fun launching mini-marshmallows.
8 comments:
Wow, busy times! Looks like lots of fun. So, what part of China are you headed to?
Chengdu is where we'll be for two weeks. We leave Phoenix on May 27th and get back on June 13th. I'm taking the boys to Bakersfield while we're gone. It's going to be really strange to be without them for that long.
Sounds exciting! I know I'd miss my kids too but man does it sound good right about now! Have a wonderful time.
Oo... China! I have a Chinese roommate, Weixin. Her parents came from China, but she grew up in Utah.
Wow! That was a ton of up dating! I was feeling bad for you with no a/c. You started talking about the no shirt thing then, showed pictures of your boys as I scrolled down reading everything I then saw your head as the next picture. I was pretty worried that you were no longer making this a family site! LOL
Glad to see that it was just you planning an awesome getaway! Have a blast! I am so excited for you guys! Does this mean that with two weeks away from the kids on "vacation" that you will later have to change the title of your blog to 3 boys and a girl?? LOL
Just had tease you! Love ya chick!
Remember...... be careful of the airline food to China! I am so excited for you guys!
Angela,
You crack me up! I am so excited, but it still hasn't quite hit me that I'm going to be leaving the country! It's all very strange. Oh, and no worries about this blog not being family friendly...you should know me better than that! Ha! Jim though, now that's another story, watch out for that one! ;)
well you guys have been busy! and i am so sorry about the air conditioning break down - it seems like we've all been through...and always when its 90 or above outside...its the worst. and how fun that you guys get to go to CHINA!!!!! we'll be waiting for the really fun post on that trip!
Post a Comment