Friday, April 10, 2009

Another follow-up appointment

Today, I went down to Gilbert for another follow-up appointment for my Spine Cor Brace. Dr. Pivonka measured my bending curves again and recorded everything in his computer. Everything is going good. I'm still putting it on the correct way, it is still reducing my pain and he didn't have to adjust it at all this time. I was a little worried that I had gained too much weight, but it turned out to only be a 3 pound gain. I ended up getting torticollis about a month and a half ago and it makes it hard for me to move around and it hurts! So I hadn't done any exercising and I thought I had gained more than that, so that was a nice thing to see. My other news is that Dr. Pivonka just got an email a few days ago about a change in the brace for adults. They have approved some new shorts for adults that the brace will velcro to. So it sounds like I will be getting some biker shorts with some industrial strength velcro on them to hold the brace where it needs to go. Maybe I can sit for longer than 25 minutes with this new improvement! I'll put another update on here, probably with more pictures so you all can see what it looks like, when I hear more and go back down to get it all fit to me. The best part is that the doctor isn't going to charge me for it....yahoo!!!! Thanks for all of your support and prayers!

3 comments:

Mariah :) said...

I'm glad it's working out well for you. :)

Karlita said...

Yay...... Im so glad to hear that...... I wish you didnt hurt so much.. :-(

Mandy Wallace said...

Hey Merri! Glad to hear that you are making progress. :o) It's good to see and hear from ya!

mandy