Monday, August 11, 2008

Silly random pictures

I have started caring for a cute little tiny baby boy and still cleaning the therapy clinic two nights a week, so I don't have a whole lot of time to sit at the computer. But here are a few things we've been up to over the last several weeks. Jim cut the boys hair and of course, had to give them each a quick Mohawk before buzzing it off the rest of the way.
We've had a few good monsoon storms roll through here and Jim had to go out after one ended to stand in the middle of the road that we couldn't see anymore. These storms usually drop so much so fast that the ground or storm drains can't handle it, so we have small floods for a little while until it can drain. It sure brings the temperature down a lot after the rain though, which is kind of nice.
Brian, Brian, Brian...... First he asked me if he could use the paper towel and toilet paper cardboard out of our recycle container and comes to proudly show me his sword. Then he asks me for a paper plate, tape and the stapler. Jim and I just laughed so hard we could have cried! I can't remember the character he said he was, but it is from Sonic. Oh, and the hat.... last month he told me he wants to dress like Indiana Jones for Halloween and saw the hat in a thrift store. It was $2, so we got it and he wears it all the time. He loves it! I hope we can manage the rest of the costume in October!
And last, this morning was the first day of school for the boys. Jacob was off to 5th grade and rotating class rooms this year to get ready for junior high they say....... and Brian was off to 2nd grade. Holy cow, our boys are getting so big!

6 comments:

Taylor Family said...

They all looked so thrilled with those hairdos. I started laughing when I saw the picture of Brian and Mike kept asking what? So I just told him to look hisself, because honestly, what can I say about that?

Jen said...

Cute photos. I bet Spencer would love playing with Brian - he does the same kind of thing. Give him a roll of tape and he will scrounge up this and that to make almost anything.

Raspberry Leaf said...

Wow, school starts early there! I can't believe that your boys are already that old. Wow.

the Jesters Court said...

I love seeing your cute boys growing up. Where does the time go? A fifth grader already! Glad to see you guys doing well.
Miss ya!

Merrimom said...

Raspberry leaf... You didn't leave a name on your comment and I can't figure out who you might be. Will you let me know? Thanks! Merri

Lisa Miller said...

Your boys are adorable. Now they can say that they've had mohawks. heehee! I love Brian creativity. Looks like something Zach would do.