Monday, June 16, 2008

Camping at the Lake

We went camping last weekend! We went to Hurricane, Utah to camp at Sand Hollow Reservoir. We arrived on Thursday, Brian's birthday. I made him some cupcakes at home and took them for us all to eat when we got there.
Friday, we spent a lot of time down at the lake.
We got to ride some wave runners for the first time. It was so much fun!
Saturday, we went out to ride some quads. It was our first time doing that too! Spencer took Kevin for a slow ride.
Brian tried to ride it slowly by himself, but it didn't last long. He was too nervous.
Jacob rode by himself. He did pretty good and loved it! I had to rescue him from a ditch he got stuck in once though. There aren't any pictures of Jim or myself riding, but we loved it!
Celeste gave Brian a ride on one of the bigger quads.
Saturday evening, we were back at Lori's house. We took pictures of the kids... and Buddy.
We drove a different route home. We went by the North rim of the Grand Canyon. It was a beautiful drive. We were driving past a place called the Cliff Dwellers where we started to see the huge cracks in the Earth.
We went over a bridge that crossed the Colorado River and had to stop and do the tourist thing by walking out on the pedestrian bridge to look WAY down. It was beautiful, but made me really nervous.
We set the timer on the camera and sat it on the other side of the bridge to take a picture of us all. We brought Spencer home with us for two weeks, so that's the extra boy in the picture. He is loving having boy play time.

6 comments:

Brooke said...

Sounds like you guys are having lots of fun!!!

the Jesters Court said...

Wow, what a fun summer you guys are having. I love seeing the cute picts of your family.

Tam said...

How wonderful. I just spent the weekend driving past the colorado river but it didn't look like that. Michael and I have been talking about rafting down to the grand canyon (one of these days!!) It looks like you had a great trip

Lisa Miller said...

I just love vacation and camping. Love the third pic down. Is that Jacob? His face is so cute. And the one of you and the kids on the bridge. I'm scard for you.

Merrimom said...

The third down is our youngest, Kevin. I never know what face he is going to make when I snap a picture of him. Jacob used to look like that when he was about the same age though. In the picture near the bottom of the post with all of the kids, he is next to my oldest niece in the pink shirt. Jacob is 9, Brian 7 and Kevin is 4.

Jenn said...

That looks like a really fun trip! YAY!