Saturday, May 31, 2008

DISNEYLAND!!!!!

We stimulated the economy this last week with a family vacation to Disneyland! We had been planning the trip since February and we had so much fun! The boys didn't know about it at all, so that made it even better. We rode a shuttle, thank goodness, because that made us not have to walk even more in the rain. We had a beautiful half of day on Thursday and after eating lunch, it started raining and didn't let up. I bought ponchos at the Dollar Tree store before leaving home because I looked at the forecast, and was so glad I did. We still got pretty wet on our feet, arms and heads, but for the most part, our bodies were dry and we were able to stay in the park and get on quite a few rides with not many people in line, so that was good. Jim's mom came with us and she took a lot of pictures too, but I can't get the computer to read the disc today, so these pictures are off of our camera only. So here we go!
On Tom Sawyer's Island, we ran into Jack Sparrow and he talked to Brian and Jacob. Brian was just giggling as Jack was asking him if he could see his tongue. He could see he was missing his two front teeth so he was wondering if his tongue was missing as well since he wouldn't talk to him.
He also asked Jacob about the bird on his hat. Jacob's hat is a Cardinal's hat, and Jacob didn't say much either. Lots of nervous giggles came from our boys.
The other reason we needed to be in Los Angeles was for Jim to take a Clean Needle Technique course. We stayed near Hollywood on Saturday evening to be near the University where the class was being held on Sunday.
Sunday after dropping Jim off at his class, I took the boys to the beach for a couple of hours.
Then in the afternoon, I took them to a Science Center. Out front, the boys lifted a truck off of the ground with a giant lever. The truck says on it that it weighs something like 5,400 pounds. I can't remember the exact weight, but the boys loved to do it.
Sunday evening, Jim flew back to Phoenix and the boys and I went on to Bakersfield for a few days. I didn't take a whole lot of pictures, but I'll share a few of what I did take. We visited my long time friend Karla and her son Jaron.
Monday, we had a get together with two of my sisters and their families and my Dad and Mom. My brother-in-law, my dad and all of the kids had a blast setting off water rockets.
I drove back home Wednesday evening and it has taken me until today to get sort of back to normal. Next Thursday, we are off to St. George to camp with Jim's sisters and families and his Mom and Stepdad. I sense more vacation pictures ahead.......

5 comments:

the Jesters Court said...

Wow, sounds like things have been busy and exciting for you guys!
I love the pictures.
miss ya!

Brooke said...

How fun!!! I LOVE Disneyland! It really is one of the happest places on earth! Glad that you had fun

Jenn said...

How FUN! My kids LOOOOOVE DL. I wish you guys had had the chance to come by, though!!!

Anonymous said...

DisneyLand in the rain is my absolute favorite. It helps that I am fond of rain. However, I find the lack of lines due to the weather to be the most enjoyable way to visit the park.

Willow

Lisa Miller said...

Awe, Disneyland. My kids loved it there 2 years ago. I thought Aubrey would hug the princesses, but she back away as well and just looked at them. Glad you got to go.