Friday, April 18, 2008

Pinewood Derby

Jacob's Pinewood Derby was last week. He got to race three runs before being disqualified, but two of his good friends got to the very end! Jacob's car is the blue one in the front row.
We were trying to keep Kevin busy by letting him sit on our blanket we keep in the trunk. How long do you all suppose that lasted? He really did just fine, just got bored after a while. The last picture is of a project I've had kind of just sitting and waiting for me to finish it up. I'm happy to say that after 2 1/2 years of waiting, I finished it a few days ago! As you can see, we have quite a few family birthdays to remember. These 72 are our siblings and their families, our parents and both of our grandmas. I'm hoping that this being on my wall where I see it every day will help me remember birthdays.

6 comments:

karen said...

How cool is that? I really like your birthday calendar. I might have to copy it. Looks like July is the big month for you. I guess for as many kids that are in your family you would need something like that. Mine would be a lot shorter. Congrats on finishing it.

Lisa Miller said...

That's a creative way to show birthdays. I never thought of it. Very cute!
I like his car. I think your right that some of those cars had some parental help. Very detailed. Dan likes to help Zach too. He just likes playing with wood. He does have Zach do most of it though. Our pinewood derby is next month. We're going to have just as much fun trying to keep our Jacob occupied. I don't think a blanket is going to work. I'm sure I'll be chasing him most of the time. lol!

Leasa said...

I love your project. That is a really cute and crafty idea for remembering birthdays. I might have to copy that one for myself.

Anonymous said...

Merri - what an awesome idea for a birthday calendar... of course, my calendar would be considerably smaller, but still a fantastic idea. It's cute too - two birds with one stone!!!

Jenn said...

Awesome! Glad you had a good derby.

And holy birthdays, Batman!

karen said...

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!!