Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Happy Birthday Kevin!

Today, Kevin is 4 years old. We can hardly believe how fast it has gone. Today was a preschool day, so this is what he came home with.... a birthday crown and wand.
He really has been liking Charlie Brown lately, so when we asked him what kind of cake he wanted, his reply was, "Charlie Brown cake! A Charlie Brown cake!" So I attempted and somewhat succeeded. Happy 4th to our Kevin boy!

16 comments:

Jenn said...

Looks like a ton of fun. LOVE the cake!

karen said...

Looks like you did a pretty good job on the cake. I would have not even tried the face and just did the yellow shirt with the black zig zag across. You Go Girl.
Happy Birthday Kevin.

the Jesters Court said...

Merri, you are so talented! That is totally Charlie Brown, great job. Happy Birthday to Kevin!!!

brokenvoken said...

Love the cake, you did a great job!

Anonymous said...

Merri, that is a fabulous Charlie Brown cake. Good for you for being brave enough to try it and then succeed so amazingly.

When I ask the kids what kind of cake they want for their brithdays, they get to choose flavor. I am not sure it has ever occured to them to select a style or cartoon... mostly it is chocolate that they want.

Willow

Tam said...

Your cake looks great. You did a good job.

Isn't it fun having a 4 year old!!!

Chris & Britt & Colin said...

Tell Kevin Aunt Brittany Says Happy Birthday. I am terrible. I am getting his card in the mail today. Love ya lots

Leasa said...

I am so loving the cake! I wish I was a whole lot more crafty than I am. I think certain talents in our family skipped a generation when it came to me. You did a great job. Happy Birthday Kevin!

Merrimom said...

Thanks everyone for all of the comments and birthday wishes. Willow, are you blog hopping? I don't think I have your email address. I miss you all!

The Queen Bee said...

ditto on the cake kudos!! C and O share a b-day and last year one wanted spiderman and one wanted Barbie lets just say we couldn't tell which was which!!

Anonymous said...

Those classes you took didn't got to waste. You nailed it, I can hear him saying "G Thanks", right now. Great Job! Thanks for the e-mail invite. Did he have a party?
HUGS,
JOYCE

rainstorm said...

What's up with logging in on your comments? That is weird.

Anonymous said...

Merri, I am a horrible blog hopping, evesdropping, friend stalker. I happen to get caught easily as I feel the need to comment; usually at great length. However, the condition seems to be incurrable as all my friends have adorable family's and I love seeing all the cool things they are up to. I don't have a blog (an oddity with Russ... I can't tell you why he is opposed), nor do I think I would be able to fill it with interesting stories (and don't even ask me to upload photos). Oh, but as a fun fact... I am about 3 weeks away from being a mom of 3 boys myself.

I do have an email address... it is wldabst@pacbell.net Those random letters spell Wildebeast. Russ set it all up... can you tell?

Your family is absolutely darling!

Willow

Jen Wolff said...

That cake is so cool! Happy bday to you little guy!

Brooke said...

I can't believe how much your boys have grown!!! I found your blog through Pricilla's (I've now been in the same ward as all of you sisters...LOL) I hope all is well with you guys.

Lisa Miller said...

Hi Merri, found your blog through Brooke Olsen's. Lisa Miller from Colonial Ward. Awesome job on the cake. I see you are still at it. I don't think you could go wrong on any cake you try. Your family is adorable.