Wednesday, July 25, 2012

14 weeks and counting

I'm getting there! I just finished my 4th Physical Therapy session this morning. They asked me if I feel like I'm improving yet and I had to say no. I still feel the same. I do, however, feel like it will make a big difference once I get strong enough. My sessions are about an hour and a half and exhausting. I am learning how to strengthen those lovely core muscles that get to be non-existent with inactivity, especially after having babies. Now this is very exciting news for me, as I have never known there was a way to get those strong again that would not hurt my back. I am learning how to do it lying down on my back mostly so it's not strenuous. Once those core muscles are pretty strong, I should be able to have much less pain in my low back and be able to hold myself up, plus the extra weight of the hardware in there. My goal is to be ready to go on some hikes around the Phoenix area by the time fall arrives. I can do it!

No comments: