I am back... Staying awake long enough to look at things on the computer. I can't believe how great the picture of my back looks! I never imagined it would be straight! I have a waist!!!!! Sorry, it really excites me to get though these next few months of hurting and be able to wear a striped shirt if I want to, without the stripes being crooked. Kind of silly? Maybe. But I am trying to keep my mind on the things ahead. Well, lets look back a few weeks for a few minutes. Karla, my friend from Bakersfield, came out to spend some time with me the day before my surgery and the first few days afterward while I was in the hospital. We ate some lunch at Red Robin together, which was really nice. I don't remember a heck of a lot from the first few days afterward, but I do remember her helping me a lot with everything I needed help with. I was glad to have people around. It made me feel better.
I received some beautiful flowers. They were so pretty to have in the hospital room and at home.
Here I am today. I am up several times a day, taking short walks around the house with my walker. A few days before the surgery, I told my work colleague that I had found a nice old lady walker at Goodwill for $4, and she responded that the name old lady walker was not going to do. We got some duck tape that has flames and she put it on the walker for me. She called it my punk walker. Look at me go! Hehehe....
Saturday was an Arts festival at a sports complex nearby. Brian's band class performed at it and Jacob was informed he had some of his art work on display. Jim and my dad took the boys over there for a while on Saturday and listened to Brian's class play and got some pictures of the art work. Way to go my boys!
4 comments:
Oh-la-la!! Who is that HAWT mamma?!
Wow, you look SO amazing, Merri!!
When is the modeling agency planning on sending a contract?
May the road to recovery remain smooth and easy for you.
(Also, can I be your manager? LOL!)
I'm diggin' the flames, but you need a horn to go with the walker, that's where all the fun is! :)
Just love that punk walker! So glad to see you up and about. And, stripes. I never thought about that. Something to look forward to :)
WOO HOO! You look great!
Post a Comment