Saturday, August 13, 2011

"Back" to the Brace Doctor

Back Brace Update
Yesterday was another appointment to have me and my lovely "S" all checked out in my brace to see how things are going. The past 5 months have been tough. Not that it's ever easy, but I have had an extra problem that only occurs typically twice a year happen 5 times in the last 5 months. It creates shooting pain up my neck and down my arm. It usually settles down after about 2 weeks, but hasn't much at all for 5 months. That made wearing my brace hard for more than a few hours at a time. Dr. Pivonka felt around the area and felt my rib and told me it was raised which caused my body to form a lump of muscle around the area trying to protect it. So he snapped that rib back into place *YEEOUCH* and adjusted my neck for me as well which put my top two vertebra back into place. It was good. He adjusted a few of my straps and has me hooking them in a slightly different position to take some of the pressure off of the side that is giving me troubles and changed up my movement I do to get into the brace a little as well. I will be going back in 3 months this time since it seems my body is changing a little faster. So there you have it, lots of reporting.... done.

3 comments:

The Moore Family said...

hopefully his adjusting does the trick, i know it's been rough on your super cute buns :(. Congrats on 15 years!! Awesome weekend!

Karlita said...

Ahh man, my poor Mae.. I hate that you are going through all that.. I will keep praying for you.... At least for no pain at the very minimum.. Love ya....

Lisa said...

I'm so sorry that you have all this trouble with your back! I hope the adjustments will help. And good for you for taking a trip away. I have always wanted to go to a bed and breakfast...someday :)