Thursday, August 11, 2011

15 years ago......

.....Jim and I went to the Los Angeles Temple and were married. Fifteen years! Wow. We have been through a lot and we thought we should celebrate with a little trip. A few months ago, we reserved a room at a bed and breakfast in Jerome, AZ. We haven't seen much of the area up north, and had heard that Jerome was a neat little town to visit. We also had people tell us that it's really a treat to stay at a bed and breakfast and since we have never done that before, we figured we'd try it out. It really was a nice treat, very cozy. I didn't take a picture of the room we stayed in but it was called the Americana Room and there were flags and red, white and blue all over. It was very patriotic and really nice. Jim did take a picture of the tin flag that was on the wall above the couch. It was really awesome! An Indian man with only one arm made it. Amazing!


One mile outside of Jerome was Gold King Mine. We visited there and saw lots of old farm equipment, old buildings, the old man who owns it and some newer things he has built. It was pretty neat. There are a lot of live chickens wandering the hillside and here are a couple that were hanging out in the shade under some farm equipment.


There was old Singer sewing machine was inside of an old shoe shop. I love looking at old sewing machines and wish i could have gotten closer to get a better picture.

Jim hopped onto a Harley Davidson bike for me to snap a picture.

I tried to do a model pose next to this yellow Studebaker.... Didn't turn out like I had hoped.... I ended up laughing when I looked at it!
The old man showed us a race car he built a couple of years ago. He crank started it and it was loud!

Then we panned for gold. We both got a small amount from our pans. It was pretty fun and neat to learn how to do it, and with today's economy, we need all the help we can get!




We were given small tube that has our gold in it.

We also visited Sedona, and it was beautiful. There are a lot of beautiful red rock formations.






We had a really nice weekend together. Happy 15th babe!

2 comments:

Karlita said...

Happy Anniversary!!! I didn't forget.. just got lazy at texting.. I love you.. Miss you!!!

Pam said...

Happy Anniversary! And I do mean that and not Happy Birthday. :)