Monday, July 05, 2010

An afternoon at the lake

Jim and I had the day off of work today, so we packed a picnic, our inflatable kayak and boat, a lot of water, and headed off to Canyon Lake! Jim hooked the boats together with rope and we paddled into a little canyon and at the end of it was an area we could put the boats and just play around.
The boys found some crawdad claws and put them all in one spot to try and see if they will still be there when we go back another time.
On the way home, I took a picture of the Superstition Mountains. I thought they looked really neat. Funniest part of the day was that we all put sunscreen on at the same time, the boys and Jim played in the sun for about 3 straight hours and I stayed in the shade for much of the time, because I know how I can burn. I am the one who came home with a sunburn still. Ugh, this white skin of mine. It's not a bad burn, just slight. Still I find it funny that I was probably only in the sun for about an hour or so. Oh well.

2 comments:

The Moore Family said...

Sooo fun!!! There is nothing better than a long weekend!!

Jen said...

That lake looks fun. You may get stuck with us making a visit sometime so we can there.