This summer, the Phoenix Zoo is letting children 12 and under get into the zoo for free. I thought this was great! The boys have never been to the zoo in the daylight, only at night twice for Zoolights near Christmas and you can't see many animals. My friend Stormy and I decided to go early in the morning before it got too hot. You know how it is here..... for about 3 months straight, the highs are around 112 to 115 and the lows at night maybe get to 92. Are we crazy? Yep! The zoo right now is open at 7am, so we got up early and got there at 7:45. We had a ball and even got to get wet in an area that sprays water.

Jacob asked if he could take some pictures, so I handed the camera to him. He liked it so much that he took almost all of the pictures at the zoo. The rest of the pictures are ones he took. I was pretty excited! I think he did an excellent job, especially for his first time!

The flamingos were pretty funny. One got pushy and so they got their feathers all ruffled up and squawked at each other for a few minutes.

The area with the squirrel monkeys was our favorite. You can go inside their big cage and walk around. They are pretty cute little things.

The prairie dogs were fun to watch. Poor things wanted out so bad, they were trying to climb the walls, which the boys thought looked so funny.

Jacob's favorite picture out of the whole bunch was a squirrel lying on the curb. He walked right up to it and snapped some pictures of it trying to cool off in the shade. We thought it was pretty cute.

I had another appointment to check my back brace and have an x-ray. My brace is doing great. I'm taking good care of it and wearing it correctly so all is well there. My x-ray showed no change since the last
one six months ago, my top curve at 59 degrees and my bottom one at 49 degrees. My posture is still much better in the brace and it keeps my pain level low. Since there was no change, he won't take another x-ray for a year. The only problem I am having is that it's so darn hot that when I leave the house, I come back home and I am just soaking wet from sweating with the brace on. I can't wait until the weather cools down again.
2 comments:
Wow!! those are excellent pictures... Had you not said that Jacob took them, I would almost think they were pictures the zoo offered. With good angles and action shots... Great job Jacob.. .(Do we see a career in the making???)
I miss you so much.....
p.s. that silly squirl is the cutest thing I've ever seen
time to move up north where it is cooler
Post a Comment