Saturday, March 07, 2009

Oh boy, I'm behind!

The Blue and Gold dinner was last Wednesday night. It was great to be there with all of the other parents and scouts. Jacob received four pins and two belt loops.
Jim's mom came and stayed for a week. I was able to go spend two days with Karla, since I don't get to see her much anymore. We met up in Las Vegas and shared a room on Fremont Street. On Monday we drove to Hoover Dam. It's about 30 miles east of Las Vegas. They are doing major construction there to build a very large bridge over the river. This will benefit many once it's done since it will completely bi-pass the dam. It really is something to see.
Tuesday, we went down to the outlet mall and did some window shopping and some real shopping. I don't get to shop for myself very often, so it was fun to have my good friend there to do that with. We also drove out to see the race track since Karla is a big fan.
Kevin had his 5th birthday on Feb. 19. Jim's mom came that day and stayed until the next Thursday. We had a nice evening with two presents and some birthday cake and ice cream.
He wanted a golfing cake, so I baked a small cake and trimmed it round, cut a hole in the big cake, put some green frosting grass around it and called it good. He liked it, and that's all that matters.

5 comments:

Jenn said...

Wow! Fun times! I was just panicking, wondering how I might've missed our Blue & Gold this year, when it occurred to me that I don't have a Cub Scout anymore (and won't for 5 more years!)

Karlita said...

We had so much fun, Im missing you already

Howard and Ang said...

Ok I have to say that shot over the edge.... OH MY GOSH!!! I am totally afraid of heights and just that picture scared me!! Looks like you guys had a blast having a girls couple of days! Someday all of us from high school are going to have to do it. We haven't all gotten together since we all moved pretty far from each other.

Jenny said...

Sounds like Vegas was a blast.... Thank heavens for those special friends!

The Ledbetter Family said...

Good Times!
Thanks for Sharing.