Saturday, November 01, 2008

Our Halloween night and a back update

Last night, we had a spooky dinner with some of our neighbors. I served mummy pizzas and mummy lil' smokies, eyeball cookies and some witches brew and our neighbor also made some dessert that I can't remember the name of. I think I had more fun making the food then the kids had eating it!





We set out to trick-or-treat in our community with glow sticks and I think we only went to maybe 12 houses and the boys' pumpkins were full! Our neighbors were all so generous and were putting handfuls of candy in their buckets. Then we had neighbors calling to us from down the street that we missed their house and we had to yell back that the pumpkins were full already. It really is nice to live in a small community with such friendly people.



When we got back, Jim sat out on our sidewalk and handed out candy to a few people that came by. We had a lot of fun!

Now onto the update on my back. This morning we went to my follow-up appointment. It has been a month with the brace. The doctor checked my posture and measured my bending posture again. He checked how I have been putting it on to make sure I'm still doing it correctly. When I put it on for him, he cinched up those laces that are on the back side of me, and tightened two of the straps that needed to be tighter. It made it nice and snug! It feels better now that they are tightened up, but I think it's like having braces on your teeth, when you get them tightened it takes a bit to get used to it. I feel a tad sore, but I did for the first two days, so I imagine tomorrow or Monday I'll feel better. I guess when you are forcing something a way it doesn't want to go, it's going to be like that. I'll update again soon!

4 comments:

the Jesters Court said...

Looks like you had a great Halloween. You didnt say, did the Dr think that there was a difference in the measurements? Keep posting so we know how you are doing.
Love and miss ya!

Willow said...

I am so glad that you are feeling better.

It sounds like you all had a great Halloween night!!

Jenn said...

You're so creative! I've always wanted to have a Halloween party, but things have always gotten in the way.

Hope things improve with your back. Is this the same issue you've been dealing with since we were kids??

Lisa Miller said...

Fun party! I like the food. Very creative. I would have emptied the pumpkins and gone back out for more candy. I guess I'll do anything for chocolate. heehee