In the summer here, the library has a summer reading program. This is our third year to participate and when they complete it, they get a ticket to a Diamondbacks game. So this was our third year to go with our friends, the Larson's, on Labor Day. The daddy's took the pictures. The stadium is in downtown Phoenix and it has a retractable roof, which they had closed (thank goodness) so we were nice and comfortable for the game. I don't remember what the temperature was that day outside, but here we are at the end of September already and it is supposed to get to 104 degrees today. We are so glad they had it closed.

We saw a lifesize cardboard picture of Randy Johnson, a pitcher, and a few other players.

We also got to see the real Randy Johnson on the field before the game started. He walked nearby where we were seated, only way down below. We were up in the cheap seats.

The Larson's brought binoculars which they shared with our boys and they loved it!

Kevin tried them out to look at daddy in the row just below.

There is a kids area where they can hit balls and run the bases. What a fun time!

Brian got on the giant screen and I was able to catch a picture of him waving. He's in a blue shirt. The camera was filming kids in the play area. Daddy was so excited he got on camera!

Kevin took a picture of Nessa visiting me during the game.

The other news I have is about my back. Now, I don't want this to sound like it is a sob story because it is simply very exciting news and I am really happy, excited and ready for what is ahead. But I must give you a little background to what's been going on. Most of you should know that I have scoliosis. I have been seeing Chiropractors for 21 years now and I credit all of them for how good of shape (no pun intended) I am in. I would be crippled if I hadn't had the care from them. The last several years, I have been in more pain and have just been trying to deal with it. Jim has helped tremendously with things he has learned in school, but I still feel like it is getting harder to do every day life things. I just kind of came to terms with it being something I just have to live with and go on the best I can. Therefore, I haven't looked for a solution in years. Well, through the power of prayers, Linda felt a prompting to look up scoliosis for me one evening while she was at her computer. Quickly she found a few websites that she sent to me in some emails to look at. Quite honestly, my first thought was "Sure, sure...another thing that I'm just not interested in trying." But I clicked on the links and very quickly felt the need to really check into this one. My dad and mom urged me to do just that and told me they have been praying for me to be able to find something to help relieve my pain. Really long story made shorter, I had a consultation appointment with the Chiropractors last night to see if it will be something that can help me. They told me they have had great success with this elastic tension brace to help adults with pain relief. This brace gives much needed support to the muscles so they don't have to overwork. It pushes the spine into a more correct alignment and with lots of prayers, treatments from Jim and some hard work on my part, I believe it can help to give me some relief! I am scheduled now to go be fitted for my brace next Saturday. Thank you also for anyone who has ever prayed for me. You can never know how thankful I am for any help I receive. This process have given me a stronger testimony of the power of prayers and the ability to receive personal revelation to help others.
4 comments:
Thats Awesome Merri. I remember all of us being afraid when you got married that you shouldnt have kids because of your back. Im glad it did work out and now you can get some help.
Miss you.
Sounds like good news! Oh, and by the way, the weather has simply been wonderful up here to the north. Not too hot, not too cold. *tease*
merri,
You are such a trooper for all you do even when I know you are in pain. I pray that this brace will help you to have no pain. You are wonderful!
Miss ya.
There's my Mer. You look so beautiful. I'm so happy to see your gorgeous smile and fun, fun new hairdo. I cheated and saw your posting of your back first, so I am excited for you. Gentile hugs, JOYCE ;)
Post a Comment