Sunday, November 25, 2007

Jacob's 9th birthday

Before I get to pictures of Jacob's birthday, this is Kevin's favorite thing to carry around lately. He takes it everywhere. He calls it Baby Boohbah. PBS used to have a show on called Boohbah. We never watched it, but recently at the library, we came across a DVD and Kevin insisted on checking it out. So now, that's all we hear about. This little yellow fellow came from a stocking at Christmas a few years back and has been hanging around since then, but now, apparently, has a purpose for Mr. Kevin. Jacob and Brian love playing with lincoln logs. They love building things with them and the tinker toys. I usually make a nice cake with something on it that the boys like for their birthdays. This year, it snuck up on me and because of Jim's school schedule, we kind of decided all of a sudden on Saturday, the 10th, that we'd have to celebrate it that night after Jim got home from school instead of on his birthday. So I ended up having to make him a cake really fast, hence the "9" cake. It was yummy though, and I guess that's what really matters. Jim loves paintball, as some of you know. Jacob is interested in it, but doesn't want the sting that goes with it. Jim found these Battlemax guns a few months ago that shoot a soft foam ball with air that you pump in it, kind of like you would pump a water gun I guess. So, here is Jacob with his gun and he loves to play it with his dad!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I think the cake is cute! LOL... I think I'd like the foam fun better too!

Chris & Britt & Colin said...

I miss those boys so much! Please tell them Aunt Britt says HI. I miss you all! Their room looks really nice. I love the flooring and storage. I may copy. :)