Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Hiking, visiting and scouts

 As usual, I have neglected the blog. Not on purpose, I just haven't had a lot of time to sit at the computer and put it together. The weather has been so nice. We had a cold front for a while, but it didn't last too long. My sister Corinna came to visit at the beginning of January and the boys and I took her over to hike by the Phoenix Temple site. It is progressing nicely.
 It was a gorgeous afternoon. We hiked up and sat on some warm rocks to eat our lunch.
 Here you can see the Temple under construction behind us.
 
 There were some beautiful views that day.
 
 Look at those even shoulders! It's so strange to see my rear view and not cringe. Stupid probably, I know.
 Most of these pictures are from Corinna's camera, so now I have to backtrack a bit to being in Bakersfield for Christmas. These were taken at my sister Priscilla's house. She took this picture of Brian being silly and showing off his ham that we all thought looked like a very long tongue. Boys will be boys.....
 She took a picture of Priscilla and I in the kitchen,
 the boys on the couch together and a nice photo of Jim and I.
 

Ok, back to January stuff. Look at my amazing Goodwill find! I was so excited to find this. I've been keeping my eyes open for a large Iron Skillet and figured I probably wouldn't find one. I found this one, all caked with cooked on food and not seasoned. Someone didn't know what they had. So I bought it and scrubbed it clean and this is the finished product after I seasoned it. I love that it has a lid too!
 Kevin's pack meeting was last week and he received a few awards and belt loops. He will be 9 soon and moving up to be a Bear Cub Scout, so he is wrapping up the things he needs to finish as a Wolf.
 



2 comments:

Carrie Selin said...

It's awesome that you could hike with your sister and kids. You look great!

Lisa said...

Wow! The temple has really progressed! So glad to hear you guys are doing well. I saw Chris at Frys yesterday and we visited for a few minutes. It was good to see her, but I felt bad that I had to keep moving since Lucy was trying to escape the cart :) See you soon!