It was today, three and a half months since I started wearing my brace. The appointment went very nicely today. I had some pictures taken in my clothes for the Doctors to put up on their website to show that you can dress normally and have the brace not visible. I don't pose well for pictures.....I'm far from a model, so it was kind of awkward for me. When they get my pictures up on the website, I'll stick a link to it so you can all see....maybe. Dr. Andy checked me today to make sure I was still putting the brace on correctly, he tightened it a little bit, moved one strap a little bit, and then measured my bending posture. Back in October with no brace on, my top curve (you know, the hump you see when I bend over) measured 22 degrees. Today, it was 18 degrees. My bottom curve in October measured 18 degrees and today it was 2 degrees. I'll take it! My posture has greatly improved which is absolutely fabulous! Then he took my height and weight again and then x-rayed me. The x-ray on the left is the first one, with no brace on, from October. I know the two don't look a whole lot different, but there are some significant differences. My top curve in October was 68 degrees and today it is 59 degrees! The bottom curve in October was 54 degrees and today it is 49 degrees, still the same as it measured in the brace that same October day. Some other differences are that some of my vertebrae that have been rotating are starting to do the opposite and are aligned better, so I'm having very good progress! I know I'm overusing the exclamation points, but this is very exciting for me. Just to not have near as much pain is a huge blessing, but to have such great results in reversing my condition some is incredible!
7 comments:
I am soooo happy for you..... I love ya mae
oh Merri, That is soo awesome. Im so glad that you finally found something to make your back straigter and you happier without pain. You deserve it!!! Keep it up.
Merri! you would make a great model!! You are "One Hot Momma"!!! I want to see you model!! If the Dr. says he wants to put you on his website that means something is very great! I never realized how bad your back is. I knew it was always bad and bothered you growing up but, has it gotten worse with age? It does seem to be improving in the last few months. At this rate you'll be pain free in no time!
Thanks everyone. I'm already a happier person...It's amazing how much better I'm feeling without the daily horrible pain. Angela, you asked if my back has gotten worse with age. It for sure has, but it has always been this curved, since finding out about it after falling in that huge hole in the ground at girls camp my first year. Remember that? Ugh, horrible memory. Thanks for the hot momma comment...I just sat here laughing! I still would never want to be a model.
Merry, this makes me so happy! I am so thrilled for your success!!!!!!!!! Exclamation points needed!
Protect your gonads. ROFL!!
And CONGRATS on the improvement!!
Wow! That is tremendous improvement. Hooray!
Post a Comment