I woke up around 2:30 am and sat straight up in bed with my first contraction. I got up, went to the bathroom, got a drink and went back to bed. It was my due date and I wasn't expecting at all to be in "real" labor. About 5 minutes later came the second one. I thought, "Oh my" and decided to watch the clock for a bit. I decided at 3:30 am to wake Jim up because the contractions were steady at about 4 minutes apart and I was feeling strange. We arrived at the hospital at about 4 and the first thing the nurse asked me was when my due date was, which I told her was that very day. She then told me that I would probably be going back home then, because not too many people have their baby on the actual due date. I just remember being a little irritated at her and asking her to just put me in a room and monitor me for an hour, which they did. By the time the hour was over, they decided I was in true labor and Jacob was born at 8:30 am weighing 7 pounds 2 ounces and 20 inches long. Today, he is 55 pounds and 4' 6" tall. I scanned some photos to share of Jacob growing up. Enjoy the last 10 years with us!
Jacob wanted cherry cheesecake instead of cake for his dessert. We decided very last minute to ask a few neighbors over. Happy Birthday to our big 10 year old boy! We love you so much!

1 comment:
Happy Birthday! He's so cute.
Post a Comment